DMV Capital Venture and Equities Research Associate
Hiring Organization: DMV Capital
Job/Internship Title: Venture and Equities Research Associate
Industry: Venture & Finance
Contact Name: Devon George
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the hiring organization:
We run a first generation family office that invests from pre-seed stage opportunities up to public equities. We are small but very active with a lot of opportunities in front of us. We come from a strong background of traditional finance, operations and venture.
Full internship description:
Venture and Equities Research Internship This opportunity will involve bottom-up and top down investment and portfolio analysis of both startup and public companies. The team, and specifically the candidate, will get a lot of direct experience and should expect to come out of this job with a strong understanding of
- Business/Investment Analysis,
- Organizational/Portfolio Infrastructure Development, and
- Networking in the startup, tech and finance communities.
What will you do? Of the many projects we will handle together a few are:
- Basic structuring and analysis of the portfolio of investments.
- Engagement with portfolio companies, some of which are alumni founded startups, to form reports on changing position in the portfolio.
- Analyze and report the Georgetown startup, tech and finance industry.
For whom would you be working? You will be working directly with Devon George (’01).
How will this job accelerate your career? The three main areas of focus will be:
- Business/investment analysis, so you can expect to get a lot of practice developing and honing your approach to analyzing business from startups to public equities.
- Organizational infrastructure development, by helping to create more formal and automated operational guidelines and roadmaps for the portfolio.
- Networking in the startup, tech and finance communities, to assure we have access to helpful or essential people and information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help evaluate new investment opportunities.
- Build financial analyses for individual companies and the venture capital portfolio as a whole.
- Provide high-touch support and value-add for our portfolio companies.
- Provide solid consult to portfolio companies and schedule business review sessions/updates.
- Work in partnership with Portfolio Manager to conduct both portfolio infrastructure support and extensive company and industry research
- Write company reports and industry reports
- Create financial models and valuation analyses
- Monitor and evaluate company news and events
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Degree Type: Undergrad and Grad
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks Experience with performing due diligence for investment opportunities
- Exceptionally strong analytical, research and writing skills and an innate curiosity 0-1 years of experience
- GPA: 3.0 or above
- Coursework in Accounting required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated interest in stock market and private equity
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic; positive attitude; highly motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be entrepreneurial.
Hiring Period: Summer
Location: New York City
Part Time or Full Time: Full
Approximate Hours per Week: 50
Compensation: Exact compensation to vary based upon experience. Minimum is $1,000/week for qualified candidate with potential end bonus.
Application Due Date: May 19, 2017
How to Apply: Email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- LinkedIn Profile
Additional Information: Hoya Saxa!