Eight Roads Ventures Japan Summer Analyst
Hiring Organization: Eight Roads Ventures Japan
Job Title: Summer Analyst
Industry: Venture Capital
Contact Name: Brian Hershey
Contact Email: email@example.com
About the hiring organization:
Eight Roads Ventures is the venture capital arm of Fidelity International (FIL) with teams of investment professionals operating in China, Japan, India, Europe and the US. We have been investing in emerging IT, healthcare, and consumer companies in Asia for over 20 years. Our past portfolio companies include: Alibaba (NYSE: BABA), AsiaInfo (NASDAQ: ASIA), Wuxi Pharmatech (NYSE: WX), and Metaps (TSE: 6172). Our current Japan portfolio includes: Whill, Retty, Port, ASaaS, Cloudian, Kii, Toreta, Exchange Corporation, Kaizen Platform, and Peatix. Website: eightroads.com
Full internship description:
The primary goal of the summer analyst will be to deepen ERVJ’s actionable knowledge and expertise in a specific cutting edge development in the technology or healthcare sectors. Additionally, the summer analyst will be generally responsible for supporting senior staff in tasks related to identifying, analyzing, and monitoring investments.
- Identify a research target – Work with the ERVJ team to isolate a topic of interest and emerging importance within a cutting edge field (Ex. artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain, aerospace, genomics, regenerative medicine)
- Conduct research – Create a detailed research plan with clear objectives and a disciplined timeline – Gather information through desktop research, external reports, cold calling, and interviews as needed
- Present findings – Share your findings with the Eight Roads Ventures teams around the world in a thoughtful way that advances the collective knowledge of our organization
- Apply your knowledge – Be prepared to work on a deal related to your new domain of expertise and apply your research to inform our investment decisions
Degree Type: Undergrad
Job Requirements: Your skills and experience should include
- Bachelor’s degree candidate from an accredited university with at least 2 years of study completed
- Demonstrated interest in technology and ventures and a demonstrated interest in Japan
- Relevant coursework in economics, accounting, finance, business, sciences, or engineering preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills and record of academic performance
- Strong fundamental Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in English required; candidates with some Japanese language study will be given strong preference Key attributes
- Excellent critical thinking skills. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to complex problems.
- Solid communication and writing skills: concise, effective, persuasive and proactive, with a forthright, direct style
- Work style: Entrepreneurial, with a collaborative, team-based approach. Eager to provide insight and receive feedback.
- Excellent attention to detail, active learner, committed to achieving excellent results, enthusiastic, adaptable, strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently, resourceful. Effectively prioritizes multiple tasks.
- Values: Think like an entrepreneur – Earn the client’s trust – Act with integrity – Make it happen
Hiring Period: Summer
Approximate Hours per Week: 45, Full Time
Application Due Date: ASAP
How to apply: Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief note of introduction.