Department of Commerce Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Summer Intern
Hiring Organization: Department of Commerce
Internship Title: Summer Intern
Contact Name: Andria Fisanich
Contact Email: OIE@eda.gov
About the hiring organization:
The Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIE), part of the Department of Commerce, leads the Regional Innovation Strategies (RIS) program, which through competitive grants spurs innovation capacity-building activities in regions across the nation, and manages the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (NACIE), which is charged with identifying and recommending solutions to issues critical to driving the innovation economy, including enabling entrepreneurs and firms.
Full internship description:
OIE is seeking an undergraduate intern, passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship, to join us in Washington, DC, this summer. The ideal candidate is highly skilled and motivated and should be excited to work within a fun, fast-paced office. The intern will work as part of the OIE team and gain a first-hand understanding of day-to-day program operations and policy development. The internship will focus on projects that promote and support high growth entrepreneurship and accelerate technology commercialization. The intern will gain exposure to the collaboration taking place between other federal agencies, specifically different programs and policies supporting entrepreneurship and innovation. You would be responsible for:
· Collecting and tracking metrics and consolidating results into reports to highlight program effectiveness and impact
· Providing research in support of OIE programs and objectives, analyzing and generating reports on innovation, entrepreneurship, and economic development
· Supporting the National Advisory Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship with logistics, research, and planning in between quarterly Council meetings
Degree Type: Undergraduate, Graduate
· This is a full-time (40 hours a week) internship.
· Candidate should have excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated interest or background in entrepreneurship, innovation, or startups.
· Strong creativity and organizational skills.
· Ability to work well with a small, fast-paced team while simultaneously managing multiple tasks.
Hiring Period: Summer
Location: Washington, DC.
Approximate Hours per Week: Full, 40 per week
Compensation: More information soon
Application Due Date: ASAP
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a one-page resume and interest statement to Andria Fisanich, at email@example.com