APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE CLASS OF 2020 HAS CLOSED
The Entrepreneurship Fellows Program (EFP) is designed specifically for undergraduate students with an interest in understanding entrepreneurship. Open to students in all degree programs, Entrepreneurship Fellows explore the meaning of an entrepreneurial mindset and learn how to apply entrepreneurial problem-solving skills throughout their careers.
Entrepreneurship Fellows also get
- preferred access to entrepreneurship courses and events
- access to internships and first-hand exposure to startup life
- introductions to experienced entrepreneurs and mentors, and
- the chance to connect with peers who share your interest in entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship Fellows must complete the following course sequence:
- STRT 280 – Foundations of Entrepreneurship
- STRT 295 – Launching the Venture
- MGMT 208 – Entrepreneurial Practicum, fall semester senior year
- Compete in the StartupHoyas Challenge Pitch Competition
In addition, business school students must complete ACCT 101, while non-business school students must complete ACCT 001. A course in computer science/coding or financial management may be accepted as a substitute for this requirement at the discretion of the program directors. (Note: Business Minors from the College are required to take ACCT 101 instead of ACCT 001.)
Fellows will meet regularly throughout the program to work on potential venture ideas with mentors, faculty and other advisors. There is some flexibility in scheduling these courses to allow students who spend a semester abroad to complete the fellowship.
The application for the Class of 2020 has closed. Applications for the class of 2021 will open in the fall of 2018. Students applying from outside the McDonough School of Business should check with their respective deans to make sure there are no conflicts with other degree or certificate requirements.
For questions or additional information about the application or program, please contact program co-directors:
Alyssa Lovegrove, firstname.lastname@example.org